时间:2026-02-21 14:44:28 来源:网络整理编辑:休閑
LONDON -- Top Gearpresenter Chris Evans has announced that he's stepping down from his role on the s
LONDON -- Top Gearpresenter Chris Evans has announced that he's stepping down from his role on the show.
SEE ALSO:We took a wild racecar ride with The Stig from 'Top Gear'The British presenter, who replaced Jeremy Clarkson and Co. after the infamous 2015 "fracas" which resulted in the decision not to renew Clarkson's contract, announced his resignation via a tweet on Monday afternoon.
Tweet may have been deleted
Evans followed up the announcement by saying that he'll continue to focus on his other projects, including Radio Two and Children in Need.
Tweet may have been deleted
"Chris is stepping down from his duties on Top Gear," wrote BBC Studios Director Mark Linsey in an online statement. "He says he gave it his best shot doing everything he could to make the show a success. He firmly believes that the right people remain, on both the production team and presenting team to take the show forward and make it the hit we want it to be.
"The new series has so far notched up over 30 million views in the UK alone and has already been sold to 130 territories worldwide."
In his own statement, Evans said he'll always be a fan of the show but that stepping down was the "single best thing" he could do.
“I have never worked with a more committed and driven team than the team I have worked with over the last twelve months," he said. "I feel like my standing aside is the single best thing I can now do to help the cause. I remain a huge fan of the show, always have been, always will be. I will continue to focus on my radio show and the allied events that it encompasses.”
Matt LeBlanc and the other presenters weren't mentioned in any of the statements, but Linsey's comments -- particularly the bit about the right people remaining -- seems to imply he'll be staying.
Mashablehas reached out to the BBC with additional questions and we will update this article if we receive a response.
UPDATE: July 4, 2016, 4:17 p.m. BST The BBC has confirmed to Mashablethat Matt LeBlanc's role will be staying the same, and that there are "no plans" to replace Chris Evans for the show's next season.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
TopicsBBC
Tourist survives for month in frozen New Zealand wilderness after partner dies2026-02-21 14:29
15 people who understand how you felt after 'The Walking Dead' Season 6 finale2026-02-21 14:17
Iggy Pop has an adorable cockatoo named Biggy Pop2026-02-21 14:09
Students told to keep skirts below the knee because of boys and male staff2026-02-21 14:09
Olympics official on Rio's green diving pool: 'Chemistry is not an exact science'2026-02-21 13:32
PAPER Magazine explains Kylie Jenner's plastic cover look2026-02-21 13:09
8 innovations that could actually make airplanes more comfortable2026-02-21 12:58
This beautiful unused subway could soon reopen to the public2026-02-21 12:47
Two astronauts just installed a new parking spot on the International Space Station2026-02-21 12:43
Watch the teaser for the trailer for the new 'Rogue One' 'Star Wars' spinoff2026-02-21 12:43
Sound the alarms: Simone Biles finally met Zac Efron2026-02-21 14:37
Still confused about the Panama Papers? This explainer will help you out2026-02-21 14:32
Oculus early adopters furious when orders get delayed for months2026-02-21 14:18
Chelsea Handler calls Trump a 'butt hole' with the NSFW visuals to prove it2026-02-21 14:07
You can now play 'Solitaire' and 'Tic2026-02-21 14:07
Watch the teaser for the trailer for the new 'Rogue One' 'Star Wars' spinoff2026-02-21 13:38
Teen who voices 'Dora the Explorer' suspended for vaping in school2026-02-21 13:17
Still confused about the Panama Papers? This explainer will help you out2026-02-21 12:55
PlayStation Now game streaming is coming to PC2026-02-21 12:49
Hero octopus successfully escapes aquarium and finds his way to freedom2026-02-21 12:34