时间:2026-08-21 20:21:24 来源:网络整理编辑:探索
LONDON -- Top Gearpresenter Chris Evans has announced that he's stepping down from his role on the s
LONDON -- Top Gearpresenter Chris Evans has announced that he's stepping down from his role on the show.
SEE ALSO:We took a wild racecar ride with The Stig from 'Top Gear'The British presenter, who replaced Jeremy Clarkson and Co. after the infamous 2015 "fracas" which resulted in the decision not to renew Clarkson's contract, announced his resignation via a tweet on Monday afternoon.
Tweet may have been deleted
Evans followed up the announcement by saying that he'll continue to focus on his other projects, including Radio Two and Children in Need.
Tweet may have been deleted
"Chris is stepping down from his duties on Top Gear," wrote BBC Studios Director Mark Linsey in an online statement. "He says he gave it his best shot doing everything he could to make the show a success. He firmly believes that the right people remain, on both the production team and presenting team to take the show forward and make it the hit we want it to be.
"The new series has so far notched up over 30 million views in the UK alone and has already been sold to 130 territories worldwide."
In his own statement, Evans said he'll always be a fan of the show but that stepping down was the "single best thing" he could do.
“I have never worked with a more committed and driven team than the team I have worked with over the last twelve months," he said. "I feel like my standing aside is the single best thing I can now do to help the cause. I remain a huge fan of the show, always have been, always will be. I will continue to focus on my radio show and the allied events that it encompasses.”
Matt LeBlanc and the other presenters weren't mentioned in any of the statements, but Linsey's comments -- particularly the bit about the right people remaining -- seems to imply he'll be staying.
Mashablehas reached out to the BBC with additional questions and we will update this article if we receive a response.
UPDATE: July 4, 2016, 4:17 p.m. BST The BBC has confirmed to Mashablethat Matt LeBlanc's role will be staying the same, and that there are "no plans" to replace Chris Evans for the show's next season.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
TopicsBBC
Here's George Takei chilling in zero gravity for the 'Star Trek' anniversary2026-08-21 20:03
Ignore this guy's dumbbell trick and check out the NBA star grandpa behind him2026-08-21 19:23
'Ghost Recon: Wildlands' review: Ambitious but poorly executed2026-08-21 19:20
New app will finally let you be your best emoji self2026-08-21 19:12
Carlos Beltran made a very interesting hair choice2026-08-21 18:53
Wiz Khalifa is getting called out for these Instagram pics by Pablo Escobar's grave2026-08-21 18:48
Terrify the children in your life with this weeping unicorn candle2026-08-21 18:35
Miles Teller is the latest movie star to join an Amazon show2026-08-21 18:26
Singapore gets world's first driverless taxis2026-08-21 17:58
Trump just dropped the hammer on Silicon Valley's efforts to hire abroad2026-08-21 17:55
More than half of women in advertising have faced sexual harassment, report says2026-08-21 19:46
How Star Wars fans are reclaiming the prequels with memes2026-08-21 19:15
The best Chandler Bing one2026-08-21 19:09
3 reasons to worry about the FBI's facial recognition program2026-08-21 18:45
New Zealand designer's photo series celebrates the elegance of aging2026-08-21 18:39
'The Hate U Give' is required reading for this American moment2026-08-21 18:27
The story behind the viral picture of a young woman's arrest in Russia2026-08-21 18:25
Trump's self2026-08-21 18:11
Olympian celebrates by ordering an intimidating amount of McDonald's2026-08-21 18:02
This startup wants to send electric planes from London to Paris within 10 years2026-08-21 17:39