时间:2026-02-21 14:39:22 来源:网络整理编辑:熱點
A few months after the NBA pulled its 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina over the s
A few months after the NBA pulled its 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina over the state's controversial anti-LGBT law known as House Bill 2, the NCAA has followed suit. The NCAA has pulled seven different championship events from the state.
SEE ALSO:North Carolina students allowed to use restrooms matching their gender identity, judge rulesThe NCAA made the announcement on Monday evening. The highest profile event to be yanked is a set of first and second round games from next year's NCAA men's basketball tournament (the annual "March Madness") and the 2016 Division I Women's soccer championship, scheduled to be held in December.
Tweet may have been deleted
Here's a full list of the events.
Tweet may have been deleted
House Bill 2 excludes sexual orientation and gender identity from the statewide anti-discrimination policy and supersedes any local anti-discrimination policies. The law also requires transgender people to use the bathroom corresponding to the sex listed on their birth certificate.
In a statement posted online, NCAA president Mark Emmert said, "We believe in providing a safe and respectful environment at our events and are committed to providing the best experience possible for college athletes, fans and everyone taking part in our championships."
The statement goes on to list four specific reasons for pulling the championships from North Carolina, three of which specifically cite the anti-LGBT law and the fourth listing the five states that have prohibited travel to North Carolina by "public employees and representatives of public institutions" due to the anti-LGBT bills (New York, Minnesota, Washington, Vermont and Connecticut).
Tweet may have been deleted
While the NBA has awarded the 2017 All-Star Game to New Orleans and said it will reconsider bringing the All-Star Game back to Charlotte in 2019, the NCAA doesn't mention where the affected championships will be relocated to.
But those sites will be chosen from a list of candidates who filled out questionnaires earlier this year.
TopicsLGBTQ
Xiaomi accused of copying again, this time by Jawbone2026-02-21 14:28
拜仁多特身價 :總和超14億歐 黃蜂雙星力壓萊萬2026-02-21 14:26
中超4月底開賽申花不急打熱身賽 下周約戰隻派年輕球員2026-02-21 14:13
周軍崔康熙自掏腰包設獎金 金信煜成足排球比賽大贏家2026-02-21 13:18
U.S. government issues warning on McDonald's recalled wearable devices2026-02-21 13:12
C羅希望兒子能繼承足球事業 但擔心迷你羅不夠自律2026-02-21 13:08
國安11日重新集結開啟上海春訓 比利奇秉持勞逸結合2026-02-21 12:56
上港回應奧斯卡手術 如無意外下周一出院回家靜養2026-02-21 12:40
MashReads Podcast: What makes a good summer read?2026-02-21 12:23
大連人隊悼念遲尚斌 :記憶永不磨滅 遲指導一路走好2026-02-21 12:01
Pokémon Go is so big that it has its own VR porn parody now2026-02-21 14:37
卡帥靠熱身考察歸化球員 李學鵬傷愈有望重回首發2026-02-21 14:24
周軍崔康熙自掏腰包設獎金 金信煜成足排球比賽大贏家2026-02-21 13:55
大連足球名宿遲尚斌因病過世享年72歲 曾率萬達創55場不敗紀錄2026-02-21 13:50
Fyvush Finkel, Emmy winner for 'Picket Fences,' dies at 932026-02-21 13:10
阿奇姆彭 :希望泰達告訴我到底發生了什麽 很多球隊要我2026-02-21 13:00
史上最差英超衛冕冠軍?利物浦僅排第四 第一是它2026-02-21 12:35
比利奇:國安冬窗引援是很好的補充 我們有著光明的未來2026-02-21 12:10
Australian football makes history with first LGBT Pride Game2026-02-21 12:08
法媒 :內馬爾可戰巴薩 未晉級先鐵定缺席8強戰 ?2026-02-21 12:01