时间:2026-08-21 20:11:41 来源:网络整理编辑:知識
Irish boxer Michael Conlan lost to Russia's Vladimir Nikitin by unanimous decision in the Olympics q
Irish boxer Michael Conlan lost to Russia's Vladimir Nikitin by unanimous decision in the Olympics quarterfinals Tuesday after a controversial ruling that had many crying foul.
Hours later, Conlan upped the ante by tweeting at Vladimir Putin to ask the Russian president how much he paid to rig the match.
SEE ALSO:NBA stars fall in love with beach volleyball at the OlympicsYou can read the full match report here, but, per the BBC, the gist of Conlan's controversial loss goes like this: Conlan appeared to win the first round, but judges marked it in Nikitin's favor; Conlan won the second round by a point; judges ruled the third and final round for Nikitin, even though Conlan again seemed to be getting the better of the fight.
Conlan unloaded on the judges and the Amateur International Boxing Association (AIBA) in a post-match interview, which we'll get to in a second. But first, here's his subsequent tweet at Putin, alleging an undue Russian influence on the match's outcome. (The kissy face is a nice touch, too.)
Hey Vlad @PutinRF_Eng
— Michael Conlan (@mickconlan11) August 16, 2016
How much did they charge you bro?? @AIBA_Boxing #Rio2016 😘
Conlan, who is 24 years old, entered the Olympics with high hopes. He won bronze at the 2012 London Games and last year in Qatar captured the amateur world championship for his weight division. He is expected to turn pro after Rio, and hoped to end his amateur career in golden style.
After Tuesday's controversial decision, Conlan made no effort to hide his anger. He directed an obscene gesture at the judges, gave a two thumbs down signal and motioned to fans as he stomped shirtless about the ring.
Conlan reacts as Nikitin is declared winner.Credit: Stephen McCarthy/Sportsfile via Getty Images
Conlan eggs on fans booing the decision.Credit: Stephen McCarthy/Sportsfile via Getty Images
And birdies for the judges.Credit: Stephen McCarthy/Sportsfile via Getty Images"My dream has been shattered. It's been robbed," he told the BBC.
"I came for gold and I've been cheated," Conlan said. "I'll not do another Olympics. I would advise anybody not to compete for the AIBA."
Here's more of Conlan's emotional post-fight interview.
Incredible post-fight interview from Michael Conlan... #Olympics #boxing pic.twitter.com/MYcPxjxN0d
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) August 16, 2016
Now, is it reallypossible that Conlan was cheated, and that Putin had something to do with it?
That's quitethe accusation, but we've seen before how Putin likes to blur the lines between sports, politics and geopolitical antagonism.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
TopicsOlympics
Ivanka Trump's unpaid interns share cringeworthy financial advice2026-08-21 19:54
英媒:利物浦高層堅定支持克洛普 不會讓他下課2026-08-21 19:39
德媒 :博阿滕今夏將自由身離隊 結束10年拜仁生涯2026-08-21 19:19
內馬爾堅信與梅西私交遠勝拉波爾塔 頻繁吹耳邊風2026-08-21 18:52
Felix the cat just raised £5000 for charity because she's the hero we all need2026-08-21 18:12
哀悼!黃潛舊將野外溺水身亡 周五剛過25歲生日2026-08-21 17:55
記者談吳曦轉會:被提及最多的球隊 不見得是最接近的2026-08-21 17:50
李昂吳曦聘用同一經紀人 聯手加盟上海海港並不意外2026-08-21 17:47
5 people Tim Cook calls for advice on running the biggest company in the world2026-08-21 17:38
拉波爾塔:梅西已經向我送來祝賀 我確信他想留下2026-08-21 17:31
J.K. Rowling makes 'Harry Potter' joke about Olympics event2026-08-21 19:44
C羅遭遇名宿炮轟!尤文高層:球隊沒與他談續約2026-08-21 19:18
官方 :曼城VS門興的歐冠次回合移師中立場地進行2026-08-21 19:17
西媒列巴薩逆轉巴黎10大理由 重演諾坎普奇跡?2026-08-21 18:45
U.S. government issues warning on McDonald's recalled wearable devices2026-08-21 18:36
哀悼 !黃潛舊將野外溺水身亡 周五剛過25歲生日2026-08-21 18:35
西甲資訊 :馬德裏德比戰平 巴薩畢包國王杯決戰2026-08-21 18:28
德轉專家:巴薩需與深足溝通 才可激活小克跳出條款2026-08-21 17:52
Uber's $100M settlement over drivers as contractors may not be enough2026-08-21 17:50
卡拉格:利物浦如今像精神層麵的侏儒 前四很遙遠2026-08-21 17:39