时间:2026-05-22 05:34:17 来源:网络整理编辑:休閑
Donald Trump's transition team has confirmed that Michael Flynn Jr., the son of Trump's national sec
Donald Trump's transition team has confirmed that Michael Flynn Jr., the son of Trump's national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, has lost his job. The announcement follows a series of tweets in which Flynn Jr. fanned the #Pizzagate conspiracy theory.
SEE ALSO:An armed vigilante decided to investigate 'Pizzagate,' is quickly arrestedFlynn, 33, "was helping his father with some administration and scheduling duties early on in the transition process," Trump team spokesman Jason Miller said, adding that he is "no longer involved with the transition efforts."
In one of his tweets, Flynn Jr said: "Until #Pizzagate proven to be false, it'll remain a story. The left seems to forget #PodestaEmails and the many "coincidences" tied to it."
Tweet may have been deleted
Earlier this week, the #Pizzagate hoax led to a gunman firing shots inside the restaurant. The gunman, 28-year-old, Edgar Maddison Welch of Salisbury, North Carolina, was arrested after entering Comet Ping Pong armed with an assault rifle and firing a shot.
Welch claimed he was investigating conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton and campaign chairman John Podesta running a child sex ring inside of the pizzeria.
Though the The New York Timesdebunked the fake news story back in November, the buzz generated on social media sites continued.
While the Trump team confirmed Flynn's departure, it didn't confirm it was related to the tweets.
Vice President-elect Mike Pence acknowledged Tuesday that the younger Flynn was helping his father with scheduling and administrative items during the presidential transition, but told CNN"that's no longer the case."
Asked repeatedly whether a security clearance was requested, Pence refused to answer directly. "Whatever the appropriate paperwork was to assist him in that regard, Jake, I'm sure was taking place," he said.
Gen. Flynn, 57, also posted fake news on social media.
Less than a week before the election, he tweeted a link to a story that falsely claimed Clinton emails contained proof of money laundering and sex crimes involving children, among other illegal activities. The incoming national security adviser called the baseless story a "must read" and instructed his followers: "U decide."
The Associated Press contributed reporting.
TopicsDonald Trump
Is Samsung's Galaxy Note7 really the best phone?2026-05-22 05:19
You're likely tired of the Mannequin Challenge, but BAFTA just nailed it2026-05-22 05:06
How to take a smartphone picture of the supermoon that isn't a blurry blob2026-05-22 04:57
Klay Thompson casually swigs a beer during post2026-05-22 04:52
Here's what 'Game of Thrones' actors get up to between takes2026-05-22 04:38
You just cannot unsee this cinnamon roll that looks like E.T.2026-05-22 04:29
'Pokémon Go' says 'thank you' to fans, but not for Thanksgiving2026-05-22 04:18
Some other dude named Mike Pence is owning his @mikepence Twitter handle2026-05-22 03:44
The U.S. will no longer have the final say on internet domain names2026-05-22 03:29
Obama says he won't pardon Edward Snowden, despite pressure2026-05-22 03:16
This chart shows just how high Simone Biles can jump2026-05-22 05:22
This dog is much, much better than you at balancing things on his head2026-05-22 05:04
Hero cow evades exportation by diving into the sea to freedom2026-05-22 04:31
Global warming gobbled up a piece of sea ice the size of Alaska and Texas combined2026-05-22 04:29
Carlos Beltran made a very interesting hair choice2026-05-22 04:25
Snapchat now lets you add Bitmoji to on2026-05-22 04:04
Emma Watson had an awesome response to Trump becoming president2026-05-22 03:47
Kanye West goes on a rant and ends his concert early in Sacramento2026-05-22 03:38
Tributes flow after death of former Singapore president S.R. Nathan2026-05-22 03:00
Best and worst moments of the 2016 American Music Awards2026-05-22 02:48