时间:2026-02-22 05:52:55 来源:网络整理编辑:綜合
Epic Games wants you to know that Apple isn't playing nice. The gaming giant behind Fortnitecried fo
Epic Games wants you to know that Apple isn't playing nice.
The gaming giant behind Fortnitecried foul Monday, highlighting supposed "retaliation" at the hands of Apple. At issue is Epic Games' access to macOS and iOS developer tools and accounts, which it says Apple has threatened to cut off after a dispute over in-app purchases got Fortnitebooted from the App Store last week.
"Apple removed Fortnitefrom the App Store and has informed Epic that on Friday, August 28 Apple will terminate all our developer accounts and cut Epic off from iOS and Mac development tools," wrote an Epic Games spokesperson. "We are asking the court to stop this retaliation."
On Monday, Epic Games filed a complaint with the United States District Court of Northern California. The company hopes the court will force Apple to hold off on its plans, at least for the time being.
Tweet may have been deleted
We reached out to Apple to confirm that it does indeed intend to cut off Epic Games from its developer tools. In response, an Apple spokesperson merely pointed us to a company statement from last week.
"The fact that [Epic Games'] business interests now lead them to push for a special arrangement does not change the fact that these [App Store] guidelines create a level playing field for all developers and make the store safe for all users," reads the statement in part. "We will make every effort to work with Epic to resolve these violations so they can return Fortniteto the App Store."
SEE ALSO: Battle Royale: Apple dropkicks 'Fortnite' out of App Store
Notably, Apple is not the only company to take umbrage with Epic Games in recent days. Just last week Google kicked Fortniteout of the Google Play store for essentially the same reason Apple removed it from the App Store. It seems neither Apple nor Google appreciate Epic Games' attempt to cut the tech giants out of the equation when it comes to in-app purchases (and their respective percentage cuts).
Epic Games, which clearly saw all this coming, has filed lawsuits against both Apple and Google in addition to Monday's complaint.
TopicsAppleFortnite
Watch MTV's Video Music Awards 2016 livestream2026-02-22 05:43
14 of the most astounding astronomy photos taken in 20192026-02-22 05:28
YouTube Kids' parental controls are easily bypassed2026-02-22 05:25
VSCO girls: Shield your eyes while this hydraulic press crushes a Hydro Flask2026-02-22 05:08
Twitter grants everyone access to quality filter for tweet notifications2026-02-22 05:04
Hot Girl Summer is over. Here are some name suggestions for fall.2026-02-22 04:59
Ryan Reynolds taunts Robert Downey Jr. over fantasy football with a glorious video2026-02-22 03:51
'Luigi's Mansion 3' is a maddening delight: Review2026-02-22 03:42
Nate Parker is finally thinking about the woman who accused him of rape2026-02-22 03:36
Signal could make NBA's tampering problem even harder to solve2026-02-22 03:15
Slack goes down again, prompting anxiety everywhere2026-02-22 05:48
Not just Big Tech: FBI gets personal data from banks and universities, too2026-02-22 04:39
Antonio Brown's time as a Raider ends with an Instagram hashtag2026-02-22 04:18
The stunning survival story of fat Bear 5032026-02-22 04:02
Uber's $100M settlement over drivers as contractors may not be enough2026-02-22 04:02
'Judy' honors Renée Zellweger more than its namesake: Review2026-02-22 04:02
Lyft's new look lays out all its travel options on one app screen2026-02-22 03:53
Signal could make NBA's tampering problem even harder to solve2026-02-22 03:48
This app is giving streaming TV news a second try2026-02-22 03:37
Elon Musk says sending profane email 'one of the dumbest things I've ever done'2026-02-22 03:30