时间:2026-02-22 10:43:35 来源:网络整理编辑:休閑
That Faraday Future 91 electric vehicle that seemed so promising just a few years ago will probably
That Faraday Future 91 electric vehicle that seemed so promising just a few years ago will probably never get made for the masses -- and definitely not by 2019.
The California-based would-be Tesla rival has suffered many setbacks, but none as severe as those announced this week.
In a statement sent Tuesday, Faraday Future confirmed that two execs, Pete Savagian and Nick Sampson, have left the company. "We wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors," the statement read.
SEE ALSO:Faraday Future is the ultimate CES cautionary taleBut it gets worse from there.
All employees who joined the electric car startup after May 1 must take a furlough (an unpaid leave of absence) for November and December. Those hired before can opt for the furlough or continue working regularly but at lower pay. Health benefits will continue. It's also not guaranteed that the furlough will end by December.
"This was an extremely tough decision to make," the statement read.
The money problems stem from a messy investment from the Chinese company Evergrande Health Industry Group, who pledged $2 billion. It gave $800 million back in in early 2018 as the lead investor in the company. Then the back-and-forth fighting started.
In July, Faraday Future claimed the company said it would invest more earlier than planned. But that never happened. FF alleges the investor is keeping the company from accepting other financing and trying to take control and ownership.
Last week the company said it was victorious in the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and an arbitrator decided Evergrande can't block funding sources. Last week FF also had layoffs.
The statement about the furloughs continued, "We continue to push forward to find additional funding from investors globally as we strive to retain our people and our suppliers."
The Verge obtained emails from within the company that said the "reduced level of compensation" is $50,000. Sampson reportedly said in an email that the furloughs will "basically shut down the company."
It's almost sad to look at the company's Twitter page that continues to push out optimistic posts about its car production. The website still has a "reserve" button to be one of the first to receive an FF 91.
Tweet may have been deleted
The future looks dim.
TopicsElectric Vehicles
Carlos Beltran made a very interesting hair choice2026-02-22 09:48
Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 is the perfect for phone for lefties2026-02-22 09:44
Rumor: iPhone 2020 will have all2026-02-22 09:22
Oxford English Dictionary gets a major Star Wars update2026-02-22 09:05
Aly Raisman catches Simone Biles napping on a plane like a champion2026-02-22 08:38
Monica Lewinsky to produce 'Impeachment: American Crime Story'2026-02-22 08:28
Justin Trudeau apologizes for wearing brownface in old yearbook photo, calls it racist2026-02-22 08:12
Apple updates iOS to 13.1.2, hopefully squashing the remaining bugs2026-02-22 08:11
Olympics official on Rio's green diving pool: 'Chemistry is not an exact science'2026-02-22 08:02
Hack an iPhone and Apple will give you $1 million2026-02-22 08:00
Daughter gives her 1002026-02-22 10:43
'The Walkinig Dead' is coming back for Season 112026-02-22 10:30
Netflix's Bill Gates doc offers an illuminating look at genius: Review2026-02-22 10:21
Two popular camera apps were pulled from Google Play Store2026-02-22 10:20
Cat gets stuck in the most awkward position ever2026-02-22 09:36
Apple’s new iPhone 11 is so pretty in person. About that bump, though…2026-02-22 09:30
Airport truck spinning in circles is the perfect metaphor for 20192026-02-22 09:27
Hack an iPhone and Apple will give you $1 million2026-02-22 09:11
Watch MTV's Video Music Awards 2016 livestream2026-02-22 09:04
California’s climate dystopia comes true with PG&E power blackouts2026-02-22 08:00