时间:2026-05-23 02:26:39 来源:网络整理编辑:探索
India has joined the United States, Australia, Singapore and others in prohibiting the use of Samsun
India has joined the United States, Australia, Singapore and others in prohibiting the use of Samsung’s Galaxy Note7 on its airlines.
SEE ALSO:Samsung Note7 owners told to stop using their phones and recall is imminentIndia’s Ministry of Civil Aviation has announced that travellers in the country should stop using the Note7 in flights. It further advised passengers to not pack or store the phone in their check-in baggage. India is not alone in banning the Note7 from its flights. The United States, Australia. Singapore, the UAE, Pakistan and the Philippines have also issued similar advisories for their respective airlines."The ministry has advised airlines and travelling public not to turn on or charge the said mobile during flights. This has been done in light of several incidents globally, involving the battery of Samsung Galaxy Note7. Passengers have also been advised not to stow them in their check-in baggage," the Ministry of Civil Aviation said.
Tweet may have been deleted
Tweet may have been deleted
Tweet may have been deleted
Tweet may have been deleted
The ironic bit here is Samsung hasn't started selling the Galaxy Note7 in India, yet. The phablet was scheduled to go on sale starting Sept. 2 but the company delayed it amid the battery fiasco.
"We are aware of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) notice. Consumer safety and peace of mind are our top priority. Galaxy Note7 sales have not started in India, and we have delayed sales to alleviate any safety concerns. We plan to expedite new shipments of Galaxy Note7 soon to reduce any inconvenience for our customers," a Samsung spokesperson said in an emailed statement.The advisory comes amid a global ban on sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note7. A month after unveiling the Note7, the South Korean company announced that it was halting sales of the phone as it had found nearly three-dozen cases of Note7’s battery heating or exploding. The company hasn’t issued a recall of the device from its existing customers but has advised them to stop using the Galaxy Note7. The phone maker told its customers over the weekend to “immediately” return the device at a nearby Samsung store, and get a replacement.
The United States, Australia. Singapore, the UAE, Pakistan and the Philippines have also issued advisories to stop using the Galaxy Note7 on flights.
This is the first time any smartphone manufacturer has banned sales of a flagship phone after faulty battery issues. This unprecedented move has also created challenges for airlines, who have to now ensure that their customers aren't carrying the Galaxy Note7.Though they had a similar ban on hoverboards last year, the number of people carrying a Galaxy Note7 could easily outnumber hoverboard users. Samsung shipped over 2.5 million Note7 units before halting the sales.The timing of the ban has been especially unfortunate for Samsung, as only a week later its global rival Apple unveiled its flagship smartphones. Predictably, this is also reflecting on Samsung’s shares, which have fell by as much as 5.5 percent since August 24. On Friday, the company's shares tumbled by 3.9 percent, wiping out about $19 billion in the company's market value.In the meantime, Samsung, which holds the tentpole position in Android market by value and shipment numbers, is now refueling its marketing efforts for the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, the company's flagship phones launched earlier this year.
TopicsSamsung
MashReads Podcast: What makes a good summer read?2026-05-23 02:20
媒體人:廣州隊情況有所好轉 傅博已經重返球隊2026-05-23 02:00
魯尼 :C羅不服老是不行了 他的回歸對曼聯沒有幫助2026-05-23 01:42
曼聯告別歐冠資格已不可避免 糟糕狀態或殃及下季2026-05-23 01:40
This German startup wants to be your bank (without being a bank)2026-05-23 01:04
足協轉換男足國字號保障重點 國足將退居二線2026-05-23 00:59
U23國足將出戰東亞杯 回國後直接備戰杭州亞運會2026-05-23 00:36
大水衝了龍王廟!拉什福德絕殺良機遭隊友無情絆倒2026-05-23 00:13
Whyd voice2026-05-23 00:07
皇馬歐冠戰藍軍名單 :阿紮爾缺席 本澤馬貝爾領銜2026-05-23 00:06
Olympian celebrates by ordering an intimidating amount of McDonald's2026-05-23 02:17
粵媒 :中國放棄承辦東亞杯 U23入替國足出戰迎亞運2026-05-23 01:51
名宿曝第三家球隊加入姆巴佩爭奪 或是曼城利物浦2026-05-23 01:40
範迪克:越位新規讓利物浦看上去極脆弱 必須改革2026-05-23 01:08
Man stumbles upon his phone background in real life2026-05-23 01:00
本澤馬雙響賽季34球創個人最佳 西甲24球超上賽季2026-05-23 00:51
斯洛文尼亞前鋒貝裏奇已入境 津門虎外援目前隻差維基2026-05-23 00:49
國安新賽季主基調啟用年輕人 謝峰點名表揚兩小將2026-05-23 00:06
Australian football makes history with first LGBT Pride Game2026-05-22 23:55
曝艾克森與巴乙球隊格雷米奧簽約 合同到今年年底2026-05-22 23:45